Climate Campaign Coordinator
The Climate Campaign Coordinator is a full-time position that is responsible for overall coordination and execution of campaign goals and activities. A focus of the campaign is to grow, and mobilize a base of support in West Virginia for climate action and move the needle on priority policy issues through education and advocacy. This involves supporting coordination of the West Virginia Climate Alliance that involves 20 organizations working together to educate and activate West Virginians on climate impacts and solutions. Work will involve hours outside of a conventional 9-5 schedule and regular travel, including evening meetings, weekend events, and overnight travel. It is a remote working position, with West Virginia residency required.
The Coordinator has a combination of coordination, outreach and administrative responsibilities. Activities under these responsibility areas work together to achieve the following:
- Grow the base of support for climate action.
- Increase public awareness of climate impacts and solutions – both locally and globally.
- Move the needle on priority policy issues through advocacy.
Campaign Coordination – 30%
- Coordinate various campaign workgroups. Convene, facilitate and document campaign calls and ad hoc committees.
- Work plans. Maintain regular communication with campaign partners to assure a campaign work plan is progressing efficiently and effectively.
- Public education materials. Coordinate development and distribution of campaign-related materials like postcards, brochures, and educational materials. Assist in maintaining appropriate web resources to support the campaign.
Outreach – 50%
- Public education and outreach. Respond to requests for information and pursue opportunities for public presentations/events that lend to generating public engagement.
- Identify and cultivate partners. Cultivate existing relationships with project partners. Identify additional partners that have a stake in our climate future. Follow up with partners and potential partners as needed.
- Coordinate action. As the need arises, mobilize organizational actions related to campaign policy priorities (meetings, phone calls, emails, sign-on letters, etc.)
- Volunteer recruitment. Identify and support volunteer leaders.
- Media coordination. Identify and support voices for media pieces. Reinforce campaign activities and outreach through social media channels. Provide content for the monthly e-news.
- Policy updates. Develop content for monthly policy updates.
Project Tracking and Reporting – 20%
- General project management. Manage work plans and reporting on tasks. Work with Program Director on preparing campaign budgets and monitoring project expenses.
- Administrative tasks. Maintain timesheets, submit required documentation for out-of-pocket reimbursements, maintain all work products on cloud-based shared drive, other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to relational work and experience in building partnerships. Previous coalition building, community organizing, or campaign management experience highly desired.
- Background in and/or interest and ability to learn about policies and legislation related to climate, water and public health.
- Excellent written and oral communications and meeting facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products; working understanding of, or ability to learn, cloud-based applications like Google Groups, Google Docs, Office 365, and WordPress.
- General comfort and confidence with working in technologies designed for remote working environments.
- West Virginia residency.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel outside of regular business hours as needed.
- A commitment to equity and justice and to supporting WV Rivers’ growth in this area.
- A strong passion for WV Rivers’ mission.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Climate Campaign Coordinator in the subject line. Apply by September 10, 2021.