ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Galveston Bay Foundation (GBF) is a nonprofit organization located on the Upper Texas Coast that has worked for over 30 years to preserve and enhance one of the world’s most productive estuaries—Galveston Bay—as a healthy and productive place for generations to come. We have diverse programs in land preservation, habitat restoration, water quality and quantity, youth education, and advocacy. Our annual budget is approximately $6 million but varies depending on the projects undertaken in any given year. Our office is located in Kemah, Texas. To learn more about the Galveston Bay Foundation, please visit www.galvbay.org or find us on social media.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator is a key member of the development team of a busy and growing environmental nonprofit organization. The position oversees the management of GBF’s constituent and donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and its strategic use in building out the peer-to-peer fundraising program, partnership events, and other campaigns and initiatives.
- Maintaining GBF’s constituent and donor database:
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all constituent and contribution data on an ongoing basis
- Generating appropriate reports from the database to meet the needs of the development and finance departments
- Assisting with system updates and set-up of new campaigns, funds, designations, and appeals
- Troubleshooting database issues with Blackbaud, as necessary
- Developing and overseeing partnership events and peer-to-peer fundraising program
- Assisting with special events, such as Bike Around the Bay, the Guardian Gala, and membership meetings
- Serving as point-of-contact for GBF’s young professionals group, The Cast
- At least two (2) years of experience interacting with a sophisticated donor database. Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Highly energetic and motivated personality with the ability to identify and respond to operational issues, specifically within data entry scenarios
- Strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and quality control are imperative, as well as being able to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once
- A commitment to customer service; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook and proficient typing skills
- Demonstrated success in working in a team-oriented environment as well as ability to work independently, once trained
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Final candidate will undergo a background check.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, November 20, 2020. Please reference position title in subject line of e-mail.