Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $55,000-$65,000/year commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, health insurance contributions, mileage reimbursement, and IRA retirement savings plan with employer contribution
Who We Are:
The Watershed Foundation is a non-profit organization working since 1997 to protect, preserve and improve the water quality of our beautiful local lakes and streams. Together with our supporters, board, staff and partner network we fulfill our mission by identifying and stopping sources of pollution, uniting partners, and empowering the public to be good stewards of our water resources through education and outreach. Please visit our website to learn more about what we do and how we do it WatershedFoundation.org.
Our Executive Director and Board members are actively involved in fundraising and look forward to partnering with you. We have a loyal base of 700+ active donors committed to our mission, and good potential for increased legacy giving. We recently expanded our geographic reach and are developing new strategies for engaging city as well as lakefront residents.
At TWF, you’ll have the autonomy to help meet the opportunity and challenge of these times in a flexible, casual, and supportive work environment with the potential for growth.
Who we are looking for:
People often describe you as passionate, talented, driven, innovative, helpful and sincere. You are self-sufficient, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to work independently and with a team. You are an outstanding communicator possessing excellent writing and speaking skills. You enjoy setting and meeting goals. You are extremely organized and work well under limited supervision. You are a continuous learner. You are committed to protecting and preserving the environment, especially our water resources.
The job we need you to do:
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Build and steward relationships with major donors and new donor prospects; develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other staff, board or volunteers
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan which includes measurable goals
- Maintain a system of donor information management in collaboration with staff responsible for data entry and gift processing; provide reports to measure progress toward achieving plan
- Analyze donor giving patterns to increase retention, upgrading, and conversion rates
- Assist with grant proposals and reports
- Develop and implement donor recognition program
- Create and implement a comprehensive planned giving program
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising and donor recognition/cultivation events including cocktail parties, cottage tours, project tours
- Collaborate with staff in the development and distribution of digital, social media, and print communications, with a lead role on content related to fundraising
- Conduct research on donor prospects and other acquisition strategies to expand base
- Build and maintain relationships within the community
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Passionate about the mission of The Watershed Foundation
- Demonstrated, strong, persuasive written and verbal communications skills
- BA/BS in related field or 3-5 years professional experience
- Organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and direct others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Even temperament, sense of humor, ability to take direction and exercise good judgment
- Willingness and desire to be a team player within a collaborative work culture
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekends
- Experience with MailChimp or similar email service provider and Donor Perfect or similar CRM software
The position is based in North Webster, Indiana, which is surrounded by more than 60 beautiful natural lakes. Hours and work location are flexible; however, frequent travel to the office and regular in person meetings are required. This is an exempt, full-time position with a salary range of $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience. The Watershed Foundation values continued growth and provides an annual stipend for professional development.
Our Non-Discrimination Policy:
It is the practice of The Watershed Foundation in all aspects of employment, to treat all persons without discrimination based on race, religion, color, political affiliation, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, sex or age.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and contact information for two professional references here on Indeed by March 29, 2023.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, we plan to begin conducting interviews by mid-April.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Webster, IN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application Link: https://www.indeed.com/job/development-director-b98843a3f76928eb