Education and Outreach Coordinator
Based on experience and education, hiring range is $42,000 – $46,000 Group Health Insurance plan, 403(b)7 retirement (RiversEdge West will match 50% of employee contribution up to 15%), holiday and paid time off (vacation and sick), family/ medical leave program and employee assistance program.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references in one document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Education and Outreach Coordinator Application 2023”. Word and PDF files only. Applications are due by 5pm on March 23, 2023.
About RiversEdge West
RiversEdge West (REW) is the leading nonprofit working to protect the quality and ecological integrity of riparian lands as an important means to promote the economic, social and cultural well-being of communities in the Western U.S. REW’s mission is to restore riverside (riparian) ecosystems through education, collaboration, and technical assistance.
The long-term success of riverside restoration is dependent on community engagement in these river systems and awareness about the associated challenges they face. As such, a key component of REW’s work is to increase awareness in the form of education and outreach about the importance of riverside lands and providing meaningful opportunities for people to steward them into the future.
REW is seeking a creative and outgoing leader to join our high functioning team, making positive impacts on rivers in Colorado and the greater Western U.S. The candidate must be collaborative in nature, work well independently and in a team setting, and possess strong written and verbal skills. The Education and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating, planning and implementing education and outreach strategies for the organization.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator will support several of REW’s growing programs. Activities may include but are not limited to:
River Education Programs (25%):
- Develop curriculum-based lesson plans to be used for REW’s youth and adult river education programs
- Facilitate river-based environmental education
- Teach interactive classroom lessons and experiential learning in the field for K-college students
- Coordinate and lead REW’s Wellspring Project
- Build and maintain working relationships with local schools and partner organizations
Workshops and Conferences (20%):
- Coordinate the logistics, outreach, partner relationships, and budget management/tracking for REW’s biennial conference and workshops
- Work collaboratively with program staff to incorporate associated content and agendas
Organizational and programmatic outreach (30%):
- Create written and visual content to support multiple programs in order to outreach REW’s efforts across various media platforms
- Develop and manage social media accounts and content
- Coordinate e-newsletters
- Track and report on outreach and education activities
- Manage and administer REW’s online events calendar
- Create and publish outreach products e.g., annual report
- Represent REW at partner events and conduct public presentations
- Outreach project activities, milestones and/or announcements for both REW and REW’s partners
- Lead the planning and execution of outreach events
- Assist the DDC with fundraising events
Volunteer programs (15%):
- Lead the coordination of REW’s RiversEdge Stewards program
- Collaborate with land managers to schedule volunteer events
- Communicate with volunteers before, during, and after the events
- Prepare necessary supplies for volunteer events e.g., gear, tools, snacks, drinks, etc.
Other duties as assigned (10%):
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, planning, training, board meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in environmental education, natural resource management, communications, marketing, or related degree
- Strong professional writing and editing skills
- Experience creating and implementing outreach marketing strategies
- Experience in environmental education
- Experience coordinating conferences or events
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in marketing and outreach, environmental education, stewardship, conservation, or related field
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Neon, Drupal, social media platforms, etc.)
- CPR, First Aid, AED training, or ability to acquire these within 90 days of employment
- Valid driver’s license and a dependable car
For more information, contact Rusty Lloyd via email at email@example.com or by phone at (970) 256 -7400.