The Executive Director provides overall management, planning, fundraising and leadership of the organization in accordance with the Board of Directors and organizational policies and objectives.
- Serve as the official spokesperson of the organization, the “door opener” in the community and before policy-making bodies as well as serve on task-forces and advisory committees.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan with assistance from the Board and staff. You will be the key lead for the fundraising efforts for CRP, the door opener for bringing support to Oversee all fundraising activities including direct mail campaigns, special events, donor cultivation, membership, and major gifts.
- Coordinate the writing and submitting of grant proposals to obtain support from foundations, corporate funders, and government entities to carry out the mission of the
- Promote Clean River Partners in the media and at speaking engagements throughout the watershed.
- Maintain and develop partnerships, at the local, regional, and state levels with organizations, businesses and individuals that support the mission of Clean River Partners.
- Strategic visioning and growth with individuals, community organizations, small businesses, and corporations that result in donations, strategic partnerships, and other support for the mission and work of Clean River Partners.
- Develop new programs and projects with the assistance of staff and
- Facilitate financial management with reporting and coordination to the Board of Directors on the organization’s activities and
- Supervise and support staff (regular, contact, and student employees) to include staff reviews, staying current on project work, work plan development, training, and promoting staff
- Direct Clean River Partners to respond effectively to citizen and partner issues and concerns that are related to our mission and in our area.
- Assist Board of Directors with recruiting new Board and committee members, board meeting management, sub committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree and/or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of working effectively with the public, private and government sectors
- Leadership experience in the non-profit and/or environmental field
- Ability and a passion to connect with people in the community; capable of working effectively with the public, private and government sector
- Strong communication skills: in writing and in speaking
- Ability to collaborate with local and state government, state agencies, and community groups.
- Experience with grant writing, soliciting individual donors, and other aspects of fundraising
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Personal experience with agriculture and related conservation activities
- Proven track record of fund raising in a similar or related organization
- Budget preparation, Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, etc. as well as staff management experience
- Strong understanding of watersheds: both the hydrology and the governing entities therein
- Familiarity with the ecology and management of natural habitats found throughout the Upper Midwest
- Grant writing/reporting experience
- Familiar with; agricultural conservation practices, urban stormwater/groundwater management, holistic land management or community engagement of the Upper Midwest
- Ability to connect with the farming community
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and results driven
The Clean River Partners office is located in Northfield, Minnesota. This is a full-time, exempt position. Most work is conducted in the CRP office which is adequately lighted and climate controlled, however, travel will be necessary with some meetings on weekends and in the evening. Work is primarily sedentary, although there is some walking, travel, and carrying of lightweight items such as notebooks and work papers. There may be occasional need to lift items up to 50 pounds. We offer situational flexibility for some part-time
tele-commute/remote work. The final candidate will be required to submit to a background check.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clean River Partners pledges to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.