Adaptive Management Strategies for Ridge to Reef Conservation
This webinar is hosted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Watershed Academy. This is the first webinar in a five-part coastal resilience series taking place over the coming year. This webinar will provide information on tools and products that water quality, coastal watershed, and coral reef professionals can use in coral reef conservation and protection practices at the state and local level. The Ridge to Reef Conservation webinar will have four presentations that will discuss the following:
- EPA’s role in protecting coral reefs under the Clean Water Act,
- the Biological Condition Gradient and how it has been modified for the protection of coral reefs in the Caribbean,
- a recent publication in which researchers, from the U.S. Geological Survey, were able to calculate the economic value of coral reefs for flood protection, and
- the Adaptation Design Tool, a U.S. Coral Reef Task Force product designed to help coral reef managers incorporate climate-smart design into their programs and projects at any stage of planning and implementation.
Ocean Acidification – February 2020
Coastal Adaptations – TBD 2020
Coastal Wetlands – TBD 2020
No Discharge Zones – TBD 2020
- Bradley Watson, CSO Executive Director
- Terri Johnson, EPA OWOW
- Curt Storlazzi, USGS
- Susan Jackson, EPA OST
- Jordan West, EPA ORD
Registration: You must register in advance to attend this Webcast. Register at the Watershed Academy Webcast Website at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2333474139300302593.