Support Our Work
Contributions to River Network empower and unite people to take action for the health of rivers and waters across North America by providing the resources, knowledge, and inspiration they need to succeed in their efforts. There are many ways to support a stronger network of river and water champions. Find the way that makes sense for you or your organization from the options below.
Individual and Family Giving
- Join the Friends of River Network with a donation of $35 or more, and receive monthly River Currents e-newsletters, quarterly River Voices e-journals, and a hard copy of our Annual Report.
- Join the Sustainer’s Circle with monthly donations of $5 or more. Setting up automatic monthly donations through our online donation form is an easy way to support our network throughout the year. Sustainer’s Circle members receive the same benefits as Friends of River Network.
- Join the Headwaters Society with a commitment of $1,000 or more. Individuals and families who contribute $1,000 or more annually provide critical support to our network and receive special opportunities to learn, engage, and celebrate with the River Network community. Cumulative giving counts! Download the Headwaters Society Brochure to learn more.
- You can give now through our online donation form, donate over the phone by calling (303) 736 – 2724 x14, or mail your gift to:
Attn: Development Department
P.O. Box 21387
Boulder, CO 80308
- Planned Gifts. There are many ways to leave a legacy of strong champions for our rivers and waters. You can donate shares of stock or real estate, allocate a portion of your estate to River Network in your will, choose River Network as a beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy, or establish a charitable remainder or charitable lead trust that benefits River Network. Please contact us at 303-736-2724 x114 or email@example.com if you are interested in learning more or if you would like to share your own plans for leaving a legacy.
- Charitable IRA Rollovers. The qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is a special provision allowing certain donors to exclude from taxable income—and count toward their required minimum distribution—certain transfers of Individual Retirement Account (IRA) assets that are made directly to public charities, including River Network. For more details, see ‘Qualified Charitable Distributions’ on the IRS website.
- Employer Matching Gifts. Ask your employer if they have a matching gift program that might double or even triple your donation to River Network!
- Support River Network Through AmazonSmile. When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to River Network. Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/93-0969979 and support us every time you shop!
River Network offers a variety of sponsorship, membership, and corporate partnership opportunities to help your company meet its community investment and environmental sustainability goals. Click the button to learn more about corporate opportunities.
Foundations and Government Grants
The success of our programs and our network depends on grant funding from numerous foundations and government agencies. For a full list of our funders, see our latest annual report.
Thank you to all of our donors for your generous support!
River Network does not share or sell our donors’ personal information with anyone unless the donor has given River Network specific permission to do so.