Submit Your River Rally 2020 Workshop and Field Trip Proposals
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Workshop proposals are open through Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
Do you have practical knowledge and experience related to one of this year’s River Rally themes? Could your knowledge help someone working on similar challenges in another setting, geography, or organization?
If so, we need you!
River Network is currently looking for workshop proposals that include a combination of instruction and hands-on training, that leverage lessons learned and proven approaches, and involve engaging speakers. We seek to accelerate the pace of progress toward a sustainable and equitable water future through River Rally’s learning opportunities.
The River Rally audience is diverse in age, ethnicity, geography, educational background, and experience. Attendees typically include conservation professionals and water advocacy champions who work for or are affiliated with nonprofit organizations, government agencies, tribes, utilities, foundations, consultancies, academia, and the corporate sector. We create an active space where uncommon conversations can and do take place.
The deadline for all workshop proposals HAS BEEN EXTENDED! You may still submit a workshop proposal through Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Workshops will be selected by October 31, 2019, with final confirmations by all speakers completed by or before November 15, 2019. Please review the guidelines and instructions below and consider submitting a workshop proposal for River Rally 2020 in San Antonio, Texas.
2020 Workshop Themes:
- Working with Farmers & Ranchers
- Building Resilient Cities & Communities
- Pursuing Safe, Clean, & Affordable Drinking Water
- Advancing Robust & Effective Water Laws & Policies
- Civic Participation & Our Water Future
- Expanding Impact Through Science, Technology, & Monitoring
- Addressing Climate Risk for Greater Water Security
- Sustaining Strong Leaders, Organizations, & Coalitions
- Becoming a High-Performance Board of Directors
Workshop Criteria & Proposal Guidelines:
- Relevance: All workshop proposals must relate to one or more of this year’s River Rally themes. We are also looking for proposals that relate to these themes and intersect with diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
- Format: Workshops are typically either 90 minutes in length and may include up to three co-presenters or are 15 minutes in length for our fast-paced “lightning” sessions involving just one presenter. We typically have 60-70 workshops, offered during seven concurrent time blocks, spread across the three days of River Rally.
- Size: While we cannot predict how many people will attend each workshop, audiences typically range from 10 to 50 people.
- Competition: We typically have many more submissions than spaces in our program. Because of this degree of competition, we encourage everyone to provide a thorough and engaging summary during the submission process that helps the subject matter come alive.
- Selection: The open call for workshops ends on October 1, with workshop selections by October 31, followed by final commitments from all speakers by November 15.
- Registration: Presenters involved with accepted proposals must register online to attend the conference by April 1, 2020.
- Financial Support: While presenters are responsible for their own travel, lodging expenses, and registration fees, we typically offer discounted registration to speakers and all speakers are also eligible to apply for scholarship support. However, our ability to offer these discounts is dependent on our early fundraising success. We will have a more complete picture of these offers and opportunities in early January.
Every workshop at River Rally will be in a room with a projector and a screen, a flip-chart and markers, an easel, and wireless internet connectivity, as needed.
All presenters are required to bring their own laptop if one is needed.
Workshop Proposal Submission Form
If you would like to submit a field trip proposal instead, click here.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.