Submit A Workshop Proposal
Do you have practical knowledge and experience related to one or more River Rally tracks? Could your knowledge help someone working on similar challenges in another setting, geography, or organization?
If so, we need you!
River Network is looking for workshop proposals that include a combination of instruction and interactive training, that leverage lessons learned and proven approaches, and involve engaging speakers. We seek to accelerate the pace of progress toward a sustainable and equitable water future through River Rally’s learning opportunities.
The River Rally audience is diverse in age, ethnicity, geography, educational background, and experience. Attendees typically include conservation professionals and water advocacy champions who work for or are affiliated with nonprofit organizations, government agencies, tribes, utilities, foundations, consultancies, academia, and the corporate sector. We create an active space where uncommon conversations can and do take place.
The deadline for all workshop proposals is Friday, October 29. You will be informed whether your proposal was accepted for inclusion in the River Rally 2022 program by December 10, 2021. Final confirmations by all speakers should be completed by or before December 15, 2021. Please review the guidelines and instructions below and consider submitting a workshop proposal for River Rally 2022.
2022 Workshop Tracks:
- Drinking Water
- Climate Resilient Communities
- Policy & Advocacy
- Science & Climate
- Strong Organizations & Leaders
- Water & Agriculture
2022 Workshop Themes:
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- The Clean Water Act
- Mid-Atlantic Region
Workshop Criteria & Proposal Guidelines:
- Relevance: All workshop proposals must relate to one or more River Rally tracks. We are looking for proposals that relate to one of the listed tracks and intersect with diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
- Format: Workshops are typically either 90 minutes in length and may include up to three co-presenters or are 15 minutes in length for our fast-paced “lightning” sessions involving just one presenter.
- Size: While we cannot predict how many people will attend each workshop, audiences typically range from 10 to 50 people.
- Competition: We typically have many more submissions than spaces in our program. Because of this degree of competition, we encourage everyone to provide a thorough and engaging summary during the submission process that helps the subject matter come alive! Please also plan to describe how you will create a fun and engaging learning environment for your workshop attendees.
- Selection: The open call for workshops ends on October 29, 2021, with workshop selections by December 8, 2021, followed by final commitments from all speakers by December 15, 2021.
- Registration: Presenters with accepted proposals must register to attend the conference by April 1, 2022. The deadline to submit a scholarship application is March 15, 2022.
- Financial Support: While presenters are responsible for their own travel, lodging expenses, and registration fees, we offer discounted registration to speakers and all presenters are eligible to apply for scholarship support by March 15, 2022.
- Guidance: The River Network team will host an ‘office hours’ event on April 1, 2022, for all presenters. The objective of this event is to provide guidance to presenters regarding what constitutes an engaging workshop, create alignment within workshop tracks, and open opportunities for presenters to address relevant topics that emerged since the workshop was accepted.
Questions about the workshop or field trip submission process? Contact us.
COVID-19 Update: At this stage, we are planning for an in-person River Rally event in Washington, DC. At this point in time, we expect to require vaccinations for all attendees (or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours) as well as masking when indoors. Throughout the planning process, we will continue to monitor public health guidelines and best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our community, making additional adjustments as necessary.
Submit a Workshop Proposal
The deadline to submit River Rally workshop proposals is closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about late submissions.