(Registration Closed) Pre-Conference Stream Management Planning Workshop
Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa (Gondola Ballroom)
126 Riverfront Ln
Avon, CO 81620
(Registration closed) Pre-Conference Stream Management Planning Workshop
Join River Network, Colorado Water Conservation Board, and your fellow SMP/IWMP leads to learn about the updated Colorado Water Plan, including new capacity building grant opportunities and the proposed Colorado River Health Assessment Framework (CORHAF). In this workshop, you will have an opportunity to learn about and participate in the design of the framework. You will have a chance to problem solve common challenges related to stream and integrated watershed management planning with experts and peers.
Note: This workshop is held one day prior to the 2022 Sustaining Colorado Watersheds Conference, but it is not part of the official conference. Therefore, everyone is welcome, even if you are not registered for the conference. This workshop is free, but registration is required.
During this workshop you will:
- Learn about and inform the Colorado River Health Assessment Framework.
- Connect, learn, and problem-solve with your peers.
- Engage with stream management planning experts from across the state.
- Continue to build a community of practice among SMP leaders, develop relationships and learn to collectively enhance work on SMP/IWMPs throughout Colorado.
Monday, October 10 at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa (Gondola Ballroom) in Avon, CO
1:00 – 1:20 pm: Welcome & Introductions – Chelsea Silva, River Network
1:20 – 2:20 pm: Colorado Water Plan Update & Capacity Building Funding – Russ Sands, Kat Weismiller, & Anna Mauss, Colorado Water Conservation Board
- Overview of updates to the Colorado Water Plan and new capacity building funding available through the plan.
2:20 – 2:35 pm: Break
2:35 – 3:50 pm: Colorado River Health Assessment Framework – Chris Sturm & Steven Reeves, Colorado Water Conservation Board; Brad Johnson, Johnson Environmental Consulting; Seth Mason, Lotic Hydrological
3:50 – 4:50 pm: Peer Problem Solving – Stacy Beaugh, Strategic by Nature
- Group problem solve common challenges related to their SMP/IWMP processes (including river health assessments).
4:50 – 5:00 pm: Wrap Up – Chelsea Silva
Registration is closed!
Please email Chelsea at email@example.com to be added to the wait list.