Environment- Permit Applications- Environmental Justice Screening (Senate Bill 0818/House Bill 1200)
- Policy Category: Environmental Justice
- State: Maryland
- Date Implemented: 10/1/2022
Requires applicants for certain permits from the Department of the Environment to include an EJ Score as part of the application using the Maryland EJ tool and may require notices regarding permit applications. The score is calculated with indicators of pollution burden exposure, pollution burden environmental effects, sensitive populations, and socioeconomic factors.
- Action Agency(ies): Maryland Department of the Environment
- Policy Champions: Waterkeepers Chesapeake, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Indivisible HoCo Maryland
- Read the full policy language