EPA Needs to Hear from Us: Fix Clean Water Act Rollbacks!
After the Dirty Water Rule went into effect in 2020 more than half of the nation’s wetlands and streams lost Clean Water Act protections. Every day the Dirty Water Rule stays in effect streams and wetlands across the country are at risk of destruction and pollution.
We need the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to take immediate action to repeal the Dirty Water Rule. Fortunately, we have a key opportunity to send that message loud and clear RIGHT NOW.
The US EPA and Army Corps of Engineers recently announced their plans to begin the process of revising the Dirty Water Rule, the most severe attack on the Clean Water Act in history. They are hosting a series of listening sessions and asking for written comments to get our feedback.
Strong participation from clean water advocates IS CRITICAL. We must ensure that the widespread, strong support for IMMEDIATELY repealing the Dirty Water Rule and replacing it with stronger protections is heard loud and clear by EPA.
We know Americans want EPA to protect people not polluters. Let’s make sure EPA hears it loud and clear!
Here is how you can send your message to EPA:
- Sign-Up and Speak at an Upcoming EPA Listening Session:
- August 18, 2021 from 3-5 p.m. Eastern – (FULL)
- August 23, 2021 from 1-3 p.m. Eastern – (FULL)
- August 25, 2021 from 3-5 p.m. Eastern (this session is specifically for “small entities”) – (FULL)
- August 26, 2021 from 6-8 p.m. Eastern – Register
- August 31, 2021 from 3-5 p.m. Eastern – (FULL)
- Sept. 2, 2021 from 2-4 p.m. Eastern – Register
**After you register, please let the Clean Water for All coalition know by filling out this very brief form**
- Send in written comments by Sept. 3
- Share this Action Alert with your networks and encourage them to take action by Sept. 3
If you would like support with preparing your verbal or written comments, reach out to April Ingle and she can share resources with you.