Assembly Bill 508
- Policy Category: Drinking Water
- State: California
- Date Implemented: 9/27/2019
Amends existing Health and Safety Code by modifying the authority of the consolidation or extension of service by a water system, if a disadvantaged community, in whole or in part, is reliant on domestic wells that consistently fail to provide an adequate supply of safe drinking water. Requires the State Water Resources Control Board to hold at least one public meeting at the initiation of this process in a place as close as feasible to the affected areas.
- Action Agency(ies): State Water Resources Control Board
- Policy Champions: Community Water Center
- Read the full policy language