Drinking Water Resources
Some 13.8 million U.S. households (almost 12%) face unaffordable water bills while water utilities struggle to fund maintenance or replacement of aging pipes. We will expand understanding of the causes and circumstances of today’s crisis, develop and disseminate new tools, and help identify a common rural and urban agenda that unifies and focuses our collective actions.
Here you’ll find a collection of go-to resources on drinking water curated by River Network staff and broken down into subcategories.
Have a resource you’d like to share with the network? Let us know and we’ll include it here!
Table of Contents
- Drinking Water Guide: A Resource for Advocates from River Network
- Drinking Water 101 Webinar Series from River Network
- Water Infrastructure: Paying for Clean, Safe, Affordable Water webinar series from River Network
- Water Climate Equity Resilience caucus –
- Equitable infrastructure principles –
- Community Campaigns for Infrastructure Equity
- Community campaigns for infrastructure equity discussion guide for urban flooding cohort
- Various – webinars, briefs, etc.
- Various – briefing papers, etc.
- Show – How Is Environmental Racism Impacting Drinking Water – see first segment on how redlining affected infrastructure investment
- Closing the Water Access Gap in the United States: A National Action Plan
- World Indigenous Peoples Decade of Water Summit
- Water Finance Clearinghouse
- 2020 Work Plan from Clean Water for All Infrastructure Workgroup
- EPA’s Role in Addressing the Urgent Water Infrastructure Needs of Environmental Justice Communities
- Threats on Tap from NRDC
- Infrastructure Fact Sheet from Clean Water for All
- Any Federal Infrastructure Package Should Boost Investment in Low Income Communities from Center on Budget and Policy
State Revolving Funds
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) webpage from EPA
- Funding Disadvantaged Communities with the Clean Water State Revolving Fund factsheet from EPA
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) webpage from EPA
- Go Back to the Well – Using SRF from NRDC
- State approaches to affordability under the DWSRF – presentation at 2019 conference from Council on Infrastructure Financing Authorities (CIFA)
- Presentation on water inclusion project at Kresge Crews – focus on SRF distribution
- Let the Dollars Flow: Streamlining Illinois’s State Revolving Fund from Metropolitan Planning Council
Drinking Water & COVID-19
- Tracking Cities’ and States’ Water Shut-Off Moratoriums, from Food and Water Watch
- Policy Responses to COVID-19 (housing, water, and other utilities), from Energy Efficiency for All
- Take These Precautions When Your Water Is Restored, from We the People of Detroit
- Joint statement to Congress from American Rivers and River Network
- Coronavirus Index from Water Environment Federation
- Water and COVID-19 FAQs from Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus Compendium: Key Considerations for Water and Wastewater Utilities Responding to Coronavirus from Moonshot Missions
To download this page as a PDF, click the Resource File link below. Last updated April 15, 2020.