River Rally Program
River Rally 2022 took place from June 4-7 in Washington, DC. Download the Program to explore 2022 workshops, field trips, and program highlights.
Action Day for Clean Water & Rivers
June 7, 2:15-4:00pm, Training; June 8, 9:00am-5:00pm, Meetings
We’re partnering with American Rivers and Waterkeeper Alliance to organize Action Day for Clean Water and Rivers on June 8, 2022, following River Rally. Action Day for Clean Water and Rivers is your opportunity to join with fellow advocates to meet with members of Congress and ask them to support policies that will ensure clean water and healthy rivers for all communities. The time is now to make our voices heard. With the administration and congressional leadership pledging to make progress on equity, justice, climate change, and economic recovery, we must continue to call on them to accelerate their investments and ensure access to clean, safe water and healthy rivers for all. Anyone who is passionate about clean water and healthy rivers is encouraged and welcome to participate. No experience necessary! Whether you have never spoken to a member of Congress, or you are a seasoned advocate, all are welcome.
The team from American Rivers, River Network, and Waterkeeper will work with you, and others from your state and congressional district, to schedule virtual or in-person meetings with your members of Congress and key committee staff on June 8. We will also provide a training session the afternoon of June 7 with materials, talking points, and current information on relevant legislation to help you prepare and confidently ask your members of Congress to do all they can to ensure clean water and healthy rivers for your community.
Action Day registration is now closed.
Working speaker list, stay tuned to this space for the latest updates. For speaker bios and event details, please download the full program here.
Welcome Reception – Saturday, June 4
- Navis Bermudez, Deputy Assistant Administrator for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Water
- Representative Debbie Dingell (MI)
- Charles F. “Chuck” Sams III, Director of the National Park Service
- Nicole Silk, President of River Network
- Jumana Vasi, Board Chair at River Network
Plenary Panel, “Getting Unstuck – Stepping Into Power with Philanthropy” – Sunday, June 5
- Ronda Chapman (Moderator), Equity Director at The Trust for Public Land and River Network Board Member
- Tyeshia Wilson, Director of Engagement at Philanthropy Together
- Arthur Johnson, Chief Executive Director at Lower 9th Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development, 2022 River Hero, and River Network Flow Funder
- Teresa Davis, Director of Government Affairs and Community Engagement at Coalition for Environment, Equity and Resilience, and River Network Flow Funder
- Melanie Allen, founding Co-Director of Hive Fund for Climate and Gender Justice
Keynote Address, “We Choose Now” – Monday, June 6
- Colette Pichon Battle, founder and Executive Director of the Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy
Plenary Panel, “Doing Better – Climate, Water, and Equity at the Local Level” – Monday, June 6
- Allison Harvey Turner (Moderator), Chief Executive Officer of the Water Foundation
- Robyn Colosimo, Director of Policy and Legislation at the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Julian Gonzalez, Legislative Counsel at EarthJustice and River Network Board Member
- Jonathan Nelson, Senior Advisor for Technical Assistance and Community Engagement to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Water Assistant Administrator Radhika Fox
- Representative Melanie Stansbury (NM)